This post may contain affiliate links.
This post is the first of several in my air travel series. Our family is going to Disney World in October. (Only 172 days away!) None of my special needs kiddos have flown before, unless you count a flight Dinomite was on when 4 months old. Preparing any kiddo to fly is a BIG job, but preparing special needs kiddos is an even BIGGER job.
As we prepare our family for this big Walt Disney World adventure coming in October, I've decided to dissect the trip into 6 parts and focus on one part each month until we leave. Otherwise I feel completely overwhelmed. This month is all about transportation, focusing primarily on airplanes and the airport, but also focusing on buses, trains, trams, etc. Other than traveling in our van, my kiddos have no experience with public transportation. I'm hoping that our units help prepare them better for all of their new adventures, easing anxiety, etc.
Over the next couple of weeks you will see several posts. They include:
Air Travel Unit
Tips for Air Travel with Kiddos
Air Travel Busy Bags for Kiddos ages 3-8
As I complete each post, I will provide links here.
Today I want to focus on all of the fabulous resources out there that we can all take advantage of. Check out this fabulous list of free printables and activities!
Exploring Things Up in the Sky from Natural Beach Living
Free Airplane Nomenclature Cards from The Pinay Homeschooler
Hot Air Balloon Unit Study from Homeschool Share
Learn to Draw a Space Shuttle from Activity Village
Toddler Time Things That Fly from Royal Baloo
Printable Packs include:
A is for Airplane
B is for Balloon
H is for Helicopter
Z is for Zeppelin
A is for Airplane Week 2-Alphabet for All Ages from Simply Vicki
Printable Airport Pretend Play Set from Learn Create Love
Kindergarten Busy Bags: Part 2 from Playdough to Plato
Airplane Coloring Pages from Itsy Bitsy Fun
Little Pilots Tot Pack from Our Little Monkeys
Airplane Party Printables from PezJunky
Transportation Unit Montessori Printable Activities from Montessori Nature
Welcome to the Kids Learning Printables Linky Party!
(From now on I will be sharing feature posts on facebook and Pinterest only, in hopes that they will receive more traffic.)
Here's how this works!
1. Link up to 3 educational printables for kiddos. Free, paid, and giveaway printables are welcome.
2. Add our Kids Learning Printables Linky Party Button to your post or blog.
3. Support your fellow educators by commenting, pinning, and/or sharing the post published before yours.
4. If you're not already doing so, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and/or through my blog.
5. You give me permission to use and repost images from your blog.
1. Visit all posts.
2. Share and pin as many links as possible throughout the week.
2. Feature my favorite posts in next week's link up.
3. Get to know you, your blog, and your printables for future use.
Let's get this party started!