This post may contain affiliate links.
In honor of President's Day, (and since the kids don't understand the concept of vacation), I added a few president themed activities to our shelves.
President Match Up & Writing Actvity
1. Match up cards with names and faces to separate name & face cards. Once matched, practice writing the names of U.S. Presidents on white board.
Source: I created this activity on my own, although I'm guessing there are many out there like this.
Presidents Day Roll and Circle
1. Roll the dice. Add numbers. Circle the answer number located on the white house picture. Continue until all numbers are circled.
Source: I found this activity at Primary Inspiration.
Sort the Coins by President
1. Sort coins by U.S. President.
Source: I found this activity at Teach Beside Me.
1. Place a dirty penny into a small cup. Use dropper to cover well with lemon juice. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. Use dropper to drain out lemon juice. Take other dropper and cover penny with water to rinse. Remove water from cup using dropper, place penny on towel to dry.
Source: I can not for the life of me remember where I saw a picture of this activity, however, I was able to find directions for the activity on ehow.com.
A Closer Look at Money
The kids don't really get too close to "real" money very often, so I figured this would be a great time for them to really examine our currency. They all loved it. For them, the challenge was to learn how to use a magnifying glass correctly.
1. Take money of choice, place it in a tray with a magnifying glass and voila! Super easy.
Source: I thought up this one all on my own, however, I'm guessing there are others out there that have thought of it too. I just didn't happen to stumble across any of them during my searches.
President's Day Sugar Cookies